This CV may not be entirely up to date, but at the time of writing, it is.
Skilled IP network specialist with a service provider and carrier focus, as well as a deep
understanding of technologies.
I am a versatile engineer, with a passion for network automation, building scalable
infrastructure and solving complex problems.
I have so far worked with many different network platforms. Among the systems and
platforms I consider myself proficient in are:
- Juniper JunOS
- Cisco IOS, IOS-XE and IOS-XR
- Some NX-OS experience
- Arista EOS
- Some Nokia TiMOS/SROS experience
- MikroTik RouterOS
- TCP/IP, IPv4 and IPv6
- BGP, including MP-BGP and other address-families.
- OSPF, IS-IS
- Layer-2 transport families including VLAN, VXLAN, VPLS, E-VPN
- Juniper SRX
- Fortinet FortiOS
- Linux IPtables
- IPSec, OpenVPN etc.
- Shell scripting
- Cisco NSO
- Many microframeworks, such as Flask and Sinatra
- Fluent in Linux/UNIX
- Database experience with PostgreSQL, MySQL/MariaDB, SQLite
Network Automation Engineer, Telia Company, 2020-Present
Working with implementing a coherent automation platform across Telia Company.
- Chief architect on a large Cisco NSO project in the B2B area. Taking
responsibility to drive intent-based network automation, developing
methodology as well as code.
Network Engineer, Telia Norway, 2017-2020
Operation and maintenance of the Mobile IP backbone. Participation in 24/7 on-duty
rotation. Working on key automation projects across the company.
- Development project lead for large OSS development and integration projects including Cisco NSO package development, OSS orchestration with me in a Scrum Master role.
- Taking over the operation of an acquisition, and developing software to understand the network where only poor documentation existed.
IP and Security Specialist, NORDUnet, 2015-2017
Worked on various research focused networking projects, as well as security related
projects. Worked as part of a cross-border team, with most sitting in Sweden.
- Implementation of Network Management security solution
- Integration of IPAM solution
- 100G network upgrade for Grid Computing Centres
Founder, DKNOG - 2010-present
I have founded the Danish Network Operators Group, and since the beginning been
the main organiser of a yearly conference for network engineers in the nordic region.
The conference has been growing each year, and become leading in the community.
DKNOG continues to engage the community with conferences, events and social
happenings, and I have been among the driving forces behind it. I stepped down as
chairman in 2017, but remain at the head of the initiative, and I’ve so far been the lead
of 9 major conferences that grew from 70 to over 200 participants.
Senior Network Engineer, Nianet A/S, 2011-2015
Participated in the daily operation and development of a large national fibre-optic
- Designed the next-generation datacentre network on Juniper MX and EX platforms
- Developed a large-scale network testing framework, including frontend in Ruby
- Developed and integrated a network monitoring and reporting system for thousands of CPE devices
- The rollout of a new national state-of-the-art network edge, based on Cisco ASR9000 satellites
Network Engineer, IP Vision A/S - 2008-2011
Worked on transforming a homegrown infrastructure stack to an
industry-standard one based on MPLS on Cisco and Juniper platforms.
- Greenfielded a Cisco-based MPLS network, initially on Cisco 7600, later Juniper MX80
- Started an LIR from scratch, including RIPE administration, BGP peering agreements, transit, etc.
- Automated service activation
- Designed security systems from scratch
- Designed Network Monitoring systems
- Butler Networks A/S - NOC Operator (2006-2008)
- Cybercity - Residential DSL customer support, 2006
- Various pro-bono projects as system administrator
I consider myself self-taught. I have no formal education within the
areas I work with. However, I did briefly attend Copenhagen University
where I studied China Studies between 2004 and 2006.
I have also taken various certification, including JNCIS-SP, and
various courses with RIPE NCC.
I have strong communications skills, and consider myself fluent in
English as well as Danish, and I am practically fluent in Norwegian. I
speak German very well, and I understand Swedish perfectly. My studies
led me to stay half a year in China, and that taught me not just
language skills, but also a great deal about foreign cultures. I was
born in 1985. I moved to Oslo in 2017, and live here currently